Recipe by PaulaG
There are 2 recipes already posted for party mix that use the crock pot. This is different and the one that I made many years ago, lost the recipe and finally found it again in all places a cookbook that I have had for ever--Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes. Great for snacking or holiday gift giving.
Top Review by jrusk
Using the crock pot for this is a great idea. I used the crisp x cereals I like best and used peanuts. The first batch started to burn. The second time around I cooked it on high for 1 hour then low for 2 hours and it was perfect for me.
- 3 cups bite-size crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups o-shaped toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups bite size shredded whole wheat cereal
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup thin pretzel stick
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cereals, nuts and pretzels in crock-pot.
- Mix the melted butter with the remaining ingredients and pour over cereal mixture; tossing lightly to coat.
- DO NOT COVER the crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring well every 30 minutes; turn to low for 2 to 4 hours.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container.
- Note: I made this in my 6.5 qt Smart Pot and the 5 quart regular slow cooker, the 5 quart slow cooker cooked hot and the mix burnt. Watch this carefully while on high and adjust the time accordingly.