Recipe by Helen Ganim
As I was searching for porkchop recipes on zaar, I was finding I was missing an ingredients or two for most recipes I wanted to try. So, I decided to "experiment with what I had on hand. This recipe was a lot like comfort food, tasted so good, and even my 2 year-old ate it! These were fork tender and very good. I served it with mashed potatoes, peas, and salad.
Top Review by Cupcake 07
I made this last night for dinner and it was a hit for my husband, mom and dad. My dad is a picky eater and he loved it. I didn't use Mrs. Dash's garlic and herb seasoning mix. I just added some seasonings I had around the house and it still turned out great. Thanks for the reciepe. I'm sure you will get alot of good reviews with this one.
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops, frozen, at least 1 inch thick
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 head garlic, peeled and rough chopped
- 4 large carrots, cut into thirds (more or less to your taste)
- 8 ounces chicken broth (this is all I had, I used a whole can and it made a lot gravy, so you decide)
- 1 tablespoon of mrs. dash garlic and herb seasoning mix (more or less to your taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 -3 tablespoon flour (depends on how thick you want the sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut onion and spread 1/2 on bottom and then spread 1/2 garlic on bottom.
- Place pork chops in crock pot on top of onions.
- Sprinkle Mrs. Dash on chops, salt and pepper.
- Put another layer of onions and garlic on top of chops,.
- Add carrots.
- Pour broth over chops and veggies.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hrs on high, depends on how tender you want the chops.
- About 1-2 hours before they were done, I added the flour and stirred.