Recipe by Lorac
I'm so glad I found this recipe. It's a deliciously different combination of ingredients and flavors.
Top Review by Jack'sMom
This is one of my very favorite crock pot recipes. I have made it a bunch of times, and it is soooo good. It is wonderful as is, but I have tweaked it a little. I use chicken stock instead of water. Instead of pork loin cubes I brown a pork shoulder roast, and put it in the crock pot, then I throw the onion in the pan drippings to brown a little and then put the tomatoes stock in the pan to get all the brown bits up and pour that over the roast, corn, and sweet potatoes. In the last 30-45 mins of cooking, I take the pork out, shred it with forks (it just falls apart) and mix it back in, and I wait to put the green beans in then too, so they are not mushy. A little extra work, but really brings it up a notch!!!
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces (I use red skinned yams, about 12 oz)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpeeled diced tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup water