Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy do ahead recipe. I like to add some carrots and other veggies. Add some sour cream too if you like. If you do not want a lot of lemon flavor cut back on the amoumt of lemon you use. I use the whole lemon but as you can see by one review it is too much for some taste buds
- 2 lbs round steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, peeled, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 1 lemon, rind on, thinly sliced
- 3 large potatoes, halved peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- Cut the meat into serving size peices, flour, pound, flour again& pound.
- Saute onions& garlic in a skillet in the oil until onions are transparent remove from pan.
- Brown meat on both sides, remove and place in crock Pot.
- add onion, garlic, lemon, potatoes and bay leaf.
- Mix remaining sauce ingredients in the skillet bring to a simmer.
- Pour over the meat in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
WOW Bergy, this is the best crockpot dinner we've had in ages!!! So easy and so much taste!! The only change I made was to add some baby carrots. It's amazing what a wonderful taste the lemons add to this, they really compliment the rest of the ingredients, and very strange, they must disintigrate completely because there was no sign of them in the end result.(except for taste!) The dry mustard also adds greatly to the steak. It was cooked perfectly at 3 hours and not overcooked as are so may crockpot reciepes. The steak was fork tender and still in one piece, the potatoes were tender and the carrots, just barely had a crunch left. A perfectly wonderfull dinner!!! Thanks for posting this one, it will go in my hard copy!!
The only thing I did not have on hand was the lemon. But it still came out very tasty and the gravy was great over the potatoes. So Bergy, just how much lemon rind do you use? 1 strip, 1/4 of a lemon or the whole peel of a lemon ? Just wondering because I want to make this again. Another winner, thanks.
This was a delicious crock-pot meal. The lemon really adds an interesting flavor to the beef and vegetables. I also cooked for 3 hours and that was perfect--not overdone. The sauce was delicious and I found myself slurping it up with a spoon. My family liked it too and since that is the main reason I cook--I was very pleased. Thanks for posting.