Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it sounds interesting. I found it online and thought I would put it here for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove (crushed )
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup green onion (sliced )
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, uncooked (cut in strips )
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except pasta and sesame seeds in crock pot. Cover; cook on low for 5 hours or until turkey strips are cooked.
- Cook pasta as directed; drain will.
- Serve turkey and sauce over pasta and top with sesame seeds.
I really wanted to love this one but something about the flavor didn't do it for me. Like all the ingredients, I am at a loss to explain what I didn't like or how to improve upon it. Sorry! It sure was a breeze to prepare. Only change I made was to serve it on thin spaghetti. Steamed carrots and snow peas made a nice accompaniment. Hopefully the photo will beckon someone else to come try it and it will find a good home in the permanent file of that someone's recipe box. Made for Crock Pot Photo Challenge 2008. Thanks for posting.