Recipe by Audrey M
These are wonderful with a pork roast. I serve it with my Crock pot Pork, Sauerkraut and Beer recipe.
Top Review by CatDenier
These worked great for both the Thanksgiving dinner at home and the office holiday party. I mixed the sauce before hand, using melted butter intead of butter chunks, and stored it in a jar for ease of carry to the office, and the flavor still turned out clean and rich - without the need for marshmallows! Thank you!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium orange, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- toasted chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix spices and orange juice together.
- Stir into sweet potatoes.
- Cook on High for 2 hours or on Low for 4 hours.
- Check for doneness because each crock pot cooks at a different heat setting.
- Before serving, stir in toasted pecans.