1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Orange-Herbed Pork Roast
10 hrs 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs pork sirloin roast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- nonstick spray coating
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, finely shredded (set aside)
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon florida grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- noodles, cooked (optional)
- 1Trim fat from pork. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3- to 4-quart crockery cooker.
- 2In a small bowl combine oregano, ginger, and pepper. Rub spice mixture over entire surface of meat.
- 3Spray a large unheated, nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat over medium heat. Add roast and brown on all sides.
- 4Transfer meat to the crockery cooker; add onions.
- 5In a bowl combine 1 cup of the orange juice (chill remaining orange juice), the sugar, grapefruit juice, steak sauce, and soy sauce. Pour over meat in the crockery cooker.
- 6Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- 7Transfer roast to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 8For sauce, measure pan juices into a glass measure. Skim off fat. Add additional orange juice, if necessary, to make 2-1/4 cups.
- 9In a medium saucepan combine cornstarch, remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, and the reserved orange peel; stir in reserved pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 10Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Pass sauce with meat. If desired, serve with noodles.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Orange-Herbed Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1526.2
- Calories from Fat 745
- Total Fat 82.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 571.7 mg
- Sodium 434.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 171.8 g