Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great way to have dinner ready when you get home.
Make and share this Crock Pot Orange-Glazed Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck beef short ribs, cut into 4 x 2 x 2 inch pieces
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup prepared thick baste and glaze teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- toasted slivered almonds (optional) or sesame seeds (optional)
- With vegetable peeler, remove three 2 x 1-inch strips of peel from orange; set aside.
- Squeeze 1/2 cup juice from orange; cover and refrigerate.
- In small bowl, combine orange peel, teriyaki sauce, water, garlic and pepper.
- In crock pot, place beef short ribs.
- Pour teriyaki mixture over short ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7-1/2 to 8-1/2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- (No stirring is necessary.) Remove ribs from cooking liquid; keep warm.
- To make glaze, strain cooking liquid; skim fat.
- In small saucepan, combine 1 cup cooking liquid, reserved orange juice, cornstarch mixture and sesame oil.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute until thickened.
Fantastic. Came home from work to a wonderfully smelling house! I got a pot of rice going and finished the last couple of steps in just minutes and a delicious dinner was on the table. I made as is, though I didn't have quite enough teriyaki sauce and substituted tempera dipping sauce! It worked, this is wonderful. Thanks Dancer, I'll definitely be making this again.
This had a great rich oriental flavor, A couple of substitutions: 2tbsp of orange zest intsead of the peel, and I used 1/2 cup of commercial orange juice. For what it's worth, the teriyaki sauce I used is Yoshinoya's. I think that this recipe would also work for pork, like boneless ribs,
Very good ribs - we used short ribs with bones but the same cooking time and they were very tender and fell off the bone. Thanks for sharing!