8 hrs 10 mins
A great way to have dinner ready when you get home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck beef short ribs, cut into 4 x 2 x 2 inch pieces
- 1 large orange
- 1 cup prepared thick baste and glaze teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- toasted slivered almonds (optional) or sesame seeds (optional)
- 1With vegetable peeler, remove three 2 x 1-inch strips of peel from orange; set aside.
- 2Squeeze 1/2 cup juice from orange; cover and refrigerate.
- 3In small bowl, combine orange peel, teriyaki sauce, water, garlic and pepper.
- 4In crock pot, place beef short ribs.
- 5Pour teriyaki mixture over short ribs.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW 7-1/2 to 8-1/2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- 7(No stirring is necessary.) Remove ribs from cooking liquid; keep warm.
- 8To make glaze, strain cooking liquid; skim fat.
- 9In small saucepan, combine 1 cup cooking liquid, reserved orange juice, cornstarch mixture and sesame oil.
- 10Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute until thickened.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Orange-Glazed Short Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1200.0
- Calories from Fat 935
- Total Fat 103.9 g
- Saturated Fat 44.8 g
- Cholesterol 215.4 mg
- Sodium 2899.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 45.6 g