Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Haven't made this yet, but adding it to my curry to try file.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 pieces 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 pieces
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 " pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot cooked rice
- In 3-4 quart crock pot, combine onion, peppers, chicken, garlic, orange juice, water, salt, and curry powder and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- In small bowl, combine whipping cream and cornstarch and blend with wire whisk.
- Stir into crock pot, turn heat to high, and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring once, until sauce thickens. Serve over hot cooked rice with chutney, more curry powder, and cashews.
This was a simple meal with a delicious outcome. I used slightly more curry powder for a bold taste. My husband devoured it!