Recipe by Jamie Renee
Tender moist chicken is flavored with orange and spices. A terrific crock pot chilly weather dish that I adapted from the Fix it and Forget it cookbook. Flavorful and filling!
Top Review by fennchl
I was hopeful reading other reviews and was very careful with this recipe. However, I followed the recipe step by step and it wasn't good. Turned out like a lot of others. Sweet Potatoes turned to mush - my daugher said it reminded her of baby food - runny/mushy like soup. The chicken was totally dried out. The sauce had a very interesting taste, kids and DH didn't like (and they aren't picky). I must have done something wrong.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, quartered
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in bottom of a med to large slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Combine flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, pepper and garlic powder.
- Thoroughly coat chicken in flour mixture.
- Place chicken on top of sweet potatoes.
- Combine soup with remaining ingredients.
- Stir well and pour over chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4 hours.