4 hrs 5 mins
This is a very yummy slow-cooker chicken meal...just mix, set, and forget about it for 4 hours...the chicken has a fantastic orange flavour...serve this with rice if desired
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut-up (about 3 pds)
- 3 cups good-quality orange juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1In a slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- 2Cover, and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- 3Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the cooking juices in the slow cooker.
- 4Cover, and cook on high for 30-45 minutes, or until thickened.
- 5Serve over rice if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.8
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 230.0 mg
- Sodium 409.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 60.3 g