Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a very yummy slow-cooker chicken meal...just mix, set, and forget about it for 4 hours...the chicken has a fantastic orange flavour...serve this with rice if desired
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut-up (about 3 pds)
- 3 cups good-quality orange juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Cover, and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the cooking juices in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high for 30-45 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve over rice if desired.
I didn't care for the flavour of this. My husband enjoyed it though but told me not to bother making it again. Perhaps all that orange juice made it too sweet. I'd suggest cutting it down to 1 1/2 cups of OJ.