Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very yummy slow-cooker chicken meal...just mix, set, and forget about it for 4 hours...the chicken has a fantastic orange flavour...serve this with rice if desired
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut-up (about 3 pds)
- 3 cups good-quality orange juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Cover, and cook on low for 4 hours, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the cooking juices in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high for 30-45 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve over rice if desired.