1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Orange Chicken
4 hrs 20 mins
After not finding anything in terms of crock pot orange chicken on Zaar, I found this recipe at About.com, then made a couple of changes to suit my family's appetite and tastes. This produces a very strong, tangy sauce, which may be to some people's tastes and not quite to others. Give it a whirl and see if it's for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (defrosted)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (I used regular wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (I used ground ginger from a jar)
- 3 chopped scallions (I used chives)
- 1Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Place in the slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss well to coat.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- 4Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 998.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar