After not finding anything in terms of crock pot orange chicken on Zaar, I found this recipe at About.com, then made a couple of changes to suit my family's appetite and tastes. This produces a very strong, tangy sauce, which may be to some people's tastes and not quite to others. Give it a whirl and see if it's for you!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (defrosted)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (I used regular wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (I used ground ginger from a jar)
- 3 chopped scallions (I used chives)
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Place in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle flour over chicken and toss well to coat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Serve with rice.