Recipe by Danac210
This chili isn't quite Cincinnati-style, but not Texas-style either. It is a yummy combo of both; not too sweet, not to chunky, just right! My husband requests it so much I can make it without thinking. It is really simple to make, easy on the budget, and you can make it in the morning and not worry about it till diner time.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cansof hormel chunky chili with beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can hunts tomato paste
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into large chunks (the small, bright red ones)
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, finely grated
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 2 dashes red peppers
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 3 dashes cinnamon (trust me, without it the chili will be too spicy)
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Basically just separate the ground beef so it is loose and dump all the other ingredients on top of it in the crock pot(or large pot on a burner set to low heat); mix well.
- Cover and leave in crock pot on low for 6 (give or take a little is fine) hours.
- If making on stove top reduce cook time to 4 hours.
- I top a big bowl of this with oyster crackers and sharp cheddar cheese, but it can be served over spaghetti noodles if you prefer.