Recipe by *christie
A beautiful casserole! Really nice when made the day before and also lovely made into pies.
Top Review by Chef Mrs Bridges
I bought shin beef in my local TEsco because ot looked such a great piece of meat, then came home and searched recipe zaar for a recipe! I didn't have apricot necta(not sure if I can buy it in SCotland) so i used orange juice. I used tomato ketchup and left out the sugar. The reseult was fabulous. I served it with puff pastry, mash and veg. My mother, husband and son loved it too! I'm cooking it again today. THans for posting theis great and super easy recipe !
- 1 kg boneless shin beef
- 2 tablespoons flour, seasoned
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 1⁄4 cups apricot nectar
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the beef into 2cm (1 3/4 inch) cubes and toss in seasoned flour to coat.
- Place in crockpot or slowcooker with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or high for 4-5 hours until the meat is very tender.
- Serve with boiled rice and a green salad.
- TO COOK IN THE OVEN;- Place the flour coated beef in a casserole dish with the remaining ingredients, cover and cook in a moderately low oven, (160c/325f/gas 3) for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until tender.