1/6 Photos of Crock Pot Oniony Pork Chops With Creamy Mustard Sauce
5 hrs 25 mins
If you like onions, do try this crock pot dish. Note that you will have a LOT of sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 -6 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown pork chops on both sides; place in bottom of slow cooker when browned.
- 2In same skillet, reduce heat to medium and saute onions until softened; add garlic, dry mustard, salt and pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 4Add vinegar and wine and cook until thickened.
- 5Pour this mixture over pork chops, put lid on crock pot and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours or on High for 2 to 2-1/2 hours (I did Low for 4-1/2 hours), or just until pork is tender.
- 6Remove pork chops from slow cooker and place on a warmed platter.
- 7Stir Dijon mustard and whipping cream into juices in slow cooker; when well combined, turn slow cooker off and pour sauce over chops on platter and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Oniony Pork Chops With Creamy Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.1
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.0 mg
- Sodium 501.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 43.5 g