Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I've made these in the oven before, and they turned out great! But it's summertime, and I don't like the way the oven heats up the house, so I've found this recipe.
- 6 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chopped onion (optional)
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- Combine potatoes and oil in plastic bag or large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or 3 hours on high.
This was very good. I had a recipe that was pretty exact to this one and I always cooked it in the oven with melted butter. I like the crispiness of it being baked but it was good in the crock pot as well. The tenderness and flavor reminded me of pot roast veggies. When I don't have time for the oven, I will make them just like this. Thanks for a great recipe!
I made the in the crock pot as directed, and the potatoes were mushy. Not the great flavor I had hoped for.
Tasted good but the appearance is not appetizing.