Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This comes from a Rival crock pot cookbook. It was easy and I just loved it. I actually didn't can it, I used all of it for a party. It's easy and yummy. Enjoy!
- 14 apples (preferably Johnathan, Winesap, Jonamacs or McIntosh)
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup sugar, for each pint of sieved cooked fruit (see below)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, for each pint of sieved cooked fruit (see below)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, for each pint of sieved cooked fruit (see below)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, for each pint of sieved cooked fruit (see below)
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne (optional)
- Wash, core and quarter apple (do not peel).
- Combine apples and apple juice in lightly oiled crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 - 18 hours or high for 2 - 4 hours.
- When fruit is tender, put through a food mill to remove peel.
- Measure cooked fruit and return to crock pot.
- For each pint of sieved cooked fruit, add 1 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon allspice and 1/2 teaspoon cloves. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 - 8 hours, stirring about every 2 hours.
- Remove cover after 3 hours to allow fruit and juice to cook down.
- Add sauterne for the last hour of cooking.
- If desired, spoon into hot sterilized jars and process according to standard canning methods.
- Makes about 5 1/2 pint jars.
this is easy and tastes great cakepops on parade