Recipe by BeansnRice
Haven't made this yet. From A Potful of Recipes by JoAnna Lund.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Tastes like apple pie! One of the best oatmeals I've had! I know the title says "Splenda" but I don't use chemical sweeteners and substituted 4 T brown sugar. I also used extra spice. Next time I may test regular oats-not sure why you need quick oats when it cooks for 8 hours! Note you will need to do some scrubbing on your crock pot if yours doesn't have a removable bowl for the dishwasher, but this one's worth it -- just delicious and I'd rename it Apple Pie Crock Pot Oatmeal.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk (Carnation)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons brown Sugar Twin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free maple syrup (Log Cabin)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup cooking apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Pour evaporated milk and water into container.
- Stir in Splenda, Brown Sugar Twin, apple pie spice and maple syrup.
- Add oats, apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir before serving.