Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I think you would say this is somewhat similar to a dump cake, but it is made in the crockpot which can be a real convenience when the oven is full of the main course. Two tablespoons of pummpkin pie spice may seem like a lot but it is what gives incredible flavor to this dessert. This dessert is delicious any autumn day or winter holiday. Note that standing time is not figured into the timing of this recipe. Recipe from BH&G.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 (9 ounce) yellow cake mix (1 layer size)
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Lightly coat a 3-1/2 to 4 quart crockpot with cooking spray. In the prepared cooker, stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice. Spread batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared crockpot.
- In a medium bowl stir together cake mix, nuts, and remaining 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice. Sprinkle mixture evenly over pumpkin mixture already in the crockpot. Drizzle melted butter over cake mix mixture.
- Cover and cook on HI heat (ONLY) for 2-1/2 hours. Turn off cooker, and if possible, remove liner from cooker. Let stand, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- To serve: Spoon warm pudding into bowls. If desired, top individual servings with dessert topping.