Recipe by AcadiaTwo
The original recipe was part of a scout troop International food project for one of the badges they were working on and submitted by one of the girls in our troop. However it has been modified for the crock pot, plus the stewing beef was replaced with ground beef.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was a nice comfort food meal. My husband really liked it, I thought it was a little too sweet. Next time I will leave out or cut back on the brown sugar. Made as directed, but used ground turkey as I don't eat beef.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup water (hot)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water (cool)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces noodles (cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet.
- Place browned beef in crock pot.
- Add onion to skillet and saute until it is tender (about 5 minutes).
- In a bowl mix worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and vinegar, mustard and salt.
- Add this mixture to meat with one cup of water.
- Stir and cover.
- Cook for 4 hours low.
- Stir in brown sugar and cook for 1 hour more on low.
- Blend flour with remaining 1/2 cup of cool water and add to meat mixture.
- Stir until thickened.
- Serve over noodles.