Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very yummy. This adult version is made with beer and is a great pre-dinner nibbler for guests. It also doubles as a light luncheon dish served over hot toast. This works best in a small maximum 3 ½ quart slow cooker.
- In slow cooker stoneware, combine cheese and beer. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and cayenne. Pour mixture into slow cooker stoneware and stir until thickened.
- Spear toasted bread with fondue forks and dip in cheese, ensuring that guests have napkins or plates to catch any dripping sauce.
- TIP: Always keep a bottle of Worcestershire sauce in the pantry as just a spoonful of this venerable concoction (it was created over a century and a half ago) adds welcome zest to many dishes. Serves 6.
- 175 Essential Slow Cooker Classics.