This is a very yummy. This adult version is made with beer and is a great pre-dinner nibbler for guests. It also doubles as a light luncheon dish served over hot toast. This works best in a small maximum 3 ½ quart slow cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In slow cooker stoneware, combine cheese and beer. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and cayenne. Pour mixture into slow cooker stoneware and stir until thickened.
- 3Spear toasted bread with fondue forks and dip in cheese, ensuring that guests have napkins or plates to catch any dripping sauce.
- 4TIP: Always keep a bottle of Worcestershire sauce in the pantry as just a spoonful of this venerable concoction (it was created over a century and a half ago) adds welcome zest to many dishes. Serves 6.
- 5175 Essential Slow Cooker Classics.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Nippy Cheddar Rabbit Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g