1/1 Photo of Crock Pot New England Boiled Dinner
11 hrs 5 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
On a chilly day this one pot meal will warm you through. I love my crock pot--being a busy mom and all, and this is a great version of the regular dish. This will take 6 to 11 hours depending on the heat setting you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic.
- 2Trim the fat from the brisket and if necessary, trim the brisket to fit into the slow cooker. (Do not use the seasoning package if one comes with the brisket). Place the brisket on top of the vegetables; sprinkle with dill seed, rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Pour the broth over the brisket.
- 3Cover and cook on low setting for 11 to 12 hours or on high for 51/2 to 6 hours.
- 4If using low setting, turn cooker to high and add the cabbage wedges; cover and cook for 30 to 60 minutes more or until the cabbage is tender.
- 5Transfer meat to a cutting board and thinly slice the meat across the grain. Place meat slices on a serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to the serving platter and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot New England Boiled Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 2360.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 41.0 g