NC Pulled Pork, vinegar based. savour-fare.com/2009/03/19/carolina-barbecue-pulled-pork
Make and share this Crock Pot Nc Pulled Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4 -6 lb) pork butt or 1 (4 -6 lb) shoulder roast
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place onions in crock pot. Blend brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place roast in crock pot.
- Combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt and cayenne pepper and stir to mix well. Drizzle about 1/3 of mixture over roast. Cover and refrigerate remaining mixture. Cook roast on low for 8-10 hours. Remove meat and onions, discard onions and shred meat. Add juices from crock pot and remaining vinegar mixture (a portion may be reserved to pass). Serve plain or as sandwiches.
- **4 hours on high.