Recipe by Audrey M
My family just loves these potatoes. They are quick to prepare since you buy prepared sliced potatoes.
Top Review by Concoctionista
Very good. I too combined all in a crock pot & let sit. The hamburger didn't separate well enough, should have browned first. I seem to have that problem when I use extra lean beef. I used a whole bell pepper, chopped instead of the diced peppers. Instead of the refrigerated potatoes, I used the sliced au gratin potatoes (without the sauce). Added sliced onions & additional pepper jack cheese. I was even asked for seconds!
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 11 ounces condensed nacho cheese soup
- 4 ounces diced green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) packagerefrigerated sliced potatoes
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef on top of stove or microwave; drain off fat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soup, undrained chile peppers and milk; blend well.
- Lightly spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer half of potatoes, cooked ground beef and soup mixture.
- Repeat process.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on High for 2 1/2 hours or until potatoes are done.
- Gently stir before serving.
- Top with sour cream, salsa and/or sliced green onions.
- If you are unable to find Nacho cheese soup, you can add melted Mexican cheese to regular cheese soup, use a Nacho cheese sauce or just use melted Mexican Velveeta cheese.