Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found on the Net on behalf of a Request a Recipe posting.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 3 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Cut chicken livers into bite-size pieces, toss with flour, salt and pepper.
- Fry bacon pieces in large skillet, remove when brown.
- Add flour-coated chicken livers and green onion to bacon grease in skillet, saute until lightly browned.
- Pour chicken stock into skillet and stir into drippings; then pour all into crock pot.
- Add browned bacon bits and all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve over rice, toast or buttered noodles.
- Recipe may be doubled easily if your crock pot is big enough.
This had good flavor but the consistency wasn't what I expected. Next time I will cut the liver in half but no more. By cutting it into bite-size pieces it just came apart when I fried them. I think next time I will also just do this on the stovetop. Aside from that though it was very good served over mashed potatos.