Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love my crock pot and am always looking for more recipes for it. This recipe came in an email to me from the Campbell's site. It sounds wonderful.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 boneless pork chops, about 3/4 " thick each
- 4 large granny smith apples, sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- Place pork, apples and onions in the crock pot.
- Mix together soup, water, sugar, Worcestershire and thyme and pour over the meat.
- COVER and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours.
- or until done.
This had a bit too much thyme in it for us. I did brown the pork (I used pork brisket) and I am glad I did. Also, I only used 1 can of soup b/c it seemed like too much. I loved how the onions and apples came out in the sauce though! Thanks for posting.
OMG, I really liked this. I only used four porkchops (boneless)and used only two apples. I also browned the pork chops before putting them in the crockpot for some color. Other from that, I followed the recipe as posted.I served this with a side of mashed potatoes. I really liked this and will definitely be making this again soon. Thanks for posting Bekah!
Delicious. I used a pork roast instead of the chops and it was wonderfully moist and tender. I think the next time I will cut back on the soup. There was a wee bit too much sauce and no meat left. :)