Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
CREAMY GOODNESS! Easy to prepare and cooks while you work or shop! My DH loves this dish and particularly the sour cream flavor which is added just prior to serving. MAKES A GOOD GRAVY for potatoes or rice.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 small potatoes, sliced thin (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Mix soup, teaspoon of mix and milk in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Add potatoes if desired.
- Cook on high for 1 hour. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours until chicken is tender. During last 15 minutes of cooking time, stir in sour cream.
- Note: Soup and dressing mix provides some salt to recipe. But if using potatoes, add salt and pepper to taste.
We liked this. But I made a few changes. Instead of milk I used 1/2 can chicken broth. And I used 2 cans cream of mushroom soup and added 1/2 Ts Accent. We had this over rice was enjoyed by all. Will make again. thanks
This was very nice, I love my crock pot in fact I have three all different sizes. I made this as written and served it with mashed potatoes and DH just loved it so much he had seconds. Thank you for posting made for Honor thy mother the diabetic forum May 2011.
This was good and very easy to make. I used six breasts for my family and doubled the rest of the ingredients. I made this on the stove top instead of the crock pot. I didn't add the optional potatoes. I thought it could have used more seasoning, maybe next time I would add a packet of ranch dressing.