Recipe by lazyme
This is a simple dish that is good over pasta or rice. You can also use low-fat soup and cream cheese.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This was really good! I think my crock must run hotter than others, though, as I had far less sauce than I expected. I cut the wine back by 1/4 c based on previous reviews, and ended up adding chicken broth in the end to make more sauce! This really made for moist chicken breasts, which is hard to do, and it smelled fantastic as it cooked. I only had 2 oz cream cheese, but it was enough for our tastes. I served this with a rice dish that didn't come out as flavorful as I'd hoped, so ultimately I shredded the chicken and added the rice dish to the crock pot--voila, REALLY yummy chicken and rice! Thanks for posting, lazyme! Made for 123 hits tag.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 28.34 g package chicken gravy
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in crock pot.
- Sprinkle gravy mix on top.
- Pour soup over that, then pour wine over all.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Thirty minutes before serving, add cream cheese.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken and whisk the sauce together.
- Serve over pasta or rice.