Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a simple dish that is good over pasta or rice. You can also use low-fat soup and cream cheese.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (1 ounce) package chicken gravy
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Put chicken in crock pot.
- Sprinkle gravy mix on top.
- Pour soup over that, then pour wine over all.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Thirty minutes before serving, add cream cheese.
- When ready to serve, remove chicken and whisk the sauce together.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
This was really good! I think my crock must run hotter than others, though, as I had far less sauce than I expected. I cut the wine back by 1/4 c based on previous reviews, and ended up adding chicken broth in the end to make more sauce! This really made for moist chicken breasts, which is hard to do, and it smelled fantastic as it cooked. I only had 2 oz cream cheese, but it was enough for our tastes. I served this with a rice dish that didn't come out as flavorful as I'd hoped, so ultimately I shredded the chicken and added the rice dish to the crock pot--voila, REALLY yummy chicken and rice! Thanks for posting, lazyme! Made for 123 hits tag.
A lovely dish with great flavour & so easy to assemble.....I only realised after photoing that I forgot the cream cheese...aaargh! so will reserve my rating until I make it again...I think I'd like to try with thigh fillets so the chicken is not so "shreddy" Served with Buttered Wine Rice.
This was nice and easy to make, a nice plus when you are getting ready for the holidays. I did substitute chicken broth for the wine, as we were snowed in and I had no wine. I thought it had a great flavor, I did have tons of sauce leftover, might cut back on that next time.