1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Mushroom, Barley & Parsley Chowder
6 hrs 20 mins
This is based on a recipe from Sunset's Crockery Cook Book. Its introduction says, "The cooking of Hungary provides the inspiration for this first-course vegetable soup, rich with the color, flavor, and aroma of paprika."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or pressed)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml sweet Hungarian paprika
- 411.06 g can tomatoes (pear-shaped)
- 411.06 g can beef broth
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml pearl barley, rinsed and drained
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine mushrooms, garlic, and onion in a 3-quart electric slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle paprika over mushroom mixture.
- 3Cut up tomatoes and add them along with their liquid to the pot.
- 4Add broth, water, barley, and vinegar to cooker.
- 5Cover and cook at low setting until barley is very tender (6 to 7 hours).
- 6Before serving, stir parsley into soup.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Mushroom, Barley & Parsley Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 816.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 10.6 g