Recipe by Rebecca Downey
This is a wonderful winter drink. Made in the crock pot, using a cheese cloth to keep the spices together for easy removal. It makes it a no fuss, no muss recipe.
- 2 quarts apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cheesecloth, doubled up square
- 8 allspice berries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 large orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the apple juice and the brown sugar in the crock pot.
- Rinse the cheesecloth and wring it dry.
- Wrap the cinnamon sticks and allspice berries in the cheesecloth and tie it securely with cotton string.
- Quarter the orange and pierce it with cloves.
- Place the spice bag and orange sections in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 2½-3 hours.
- This can be kept warm (on low) for up to 3 hours.