Recipe by Tau
I found this recipe on about.com originally, but it didn't have the nutritional information included. We *love* this recipe. The stew has a real kick, is easy to throw together in the morning, and is really satisfying.
- 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 10 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen cut green beans, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except green beans in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until lentils, squash, and potatoes are tender when tested with knife.
- Increase heat to high setting.
- Stir in thawed green beans, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until mixture is thoroughly heated and beans are tender.