1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Moroccan Lamb Chops and Prunes
6 hrs 30 mins
This is from Lou Seibert Pappas' cookbook, Extra-Special Crockery Pot Recipes, "Time saving meals for the gourmet appetite", I have to add that tagline since this recipe fits and does not disappoint! This is delicious. Cooking the lamb chops in spare liquid on low is as close to braising in a crockpot as I've seen. Pappas says of this recipe, "Fresh cilantro and ginger root are essential to the authenticity of this aromatic North African entree." I served it with a wonderful Silver Palate Moroccan Pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shoulder lamb chops
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gingerroot, freshly shaved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (I used 1 teaspoon because I love cumin!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup prune, pitted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1In large frying pan, saute onion in olive oil until limp. Push to sides of pan.
- 2In same pan, brown chops well on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add ginger, cumin, garlic and cinnamon. Saute 1 minute. Transfer to crock pot.
- 4Deglaze pan with 2 tablespoons water (i.e., on high heat, add 2 tablespoons water and stir until most of the flavor-packed brown bits are dislodged). Add to pot.
- 5Scatter cilantro and prunes over lamb chops. Cover.
- 6Cook on low (200 degrees F) for 6 hours.
- 7Stir in honey and lime juice. Heat to serving temperature.
- 8Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Moroccan Lamb Chops and Prunes
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shoulder lamb chops