Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a delicious way to serve something a little exotic without slaving over a hot stove with complex recipes. Serve this with your favorite hummous and pita bread along side a spinach salad.
- 2 Cornish hens, thawed and halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1.23 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml grated onion
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.29 ml cayenne pepper
- 1000.0 ml lg tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse hens.
- Pat dry.
- In small bowl, combine garlic, honey, turmeric, onion, allspice, salt and cayenne.
- Brush this mixture on hens.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Place in cooker with juice from marinade.
- Sprinkle tomatoes over top.
- Cook on low 5 and 1/2 to 6 hours.
- Arrange on serving platter over hot, cooked rice.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if desired.