1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken
7 hrs 15 mins
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
Cardamom and cinnamon unite with a variety of spices to produce a spicy, yet subtly sweet taste reminiscent of many Moroccan dishes. Serve over rice or couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 inches cinnamon sticks
- 6 green cardamoms, bruised or 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1Heat cooking oil in large frying pan on medium. Add onions garlic and gingerroot. Cook fo 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until onion is softened and starting to brown.
- 2Add chili powder, cardamom and cumin. Heat and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Transfer to 3 1/2 quart crock pot.
- 3Add chicken, white wine or broth, honey, cinnamon stick, and salt. Stir. Cook, covered, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- 4Stir orange juice into cornstarch in small bowl. Add to crock pot. Stir. Cook, covered, on high for about 15 minutes until boiling and thickened. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and cardamom pods.
- 5Sprinkle with almonds.
- 6Tip: To bruise cardamom, pounds pods with mallet or press with flat side of a wide knife to "bruise," or crack them open slightly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Moroccan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: