Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My DH couldn't stop raving over these, extremely moist, but not so much that they disintegrated in the crock pot! I used a 5 lb. package of TOTALLY frozen wings, so that the sauce was probably thinner than it was supposed to be, and so during the last 1/2 hour I removed the lid and turned the crock pot on high. (I did not have to adjust cook time) Recipe is from 'TOH' Slow Cooker Recipes
- 25 whole chicken wings (about 5 lbs)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut chicken wings into three sections, discard wing tips. Place the wings in a 5 quart crock pot. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the chicken wings. Stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken is tender.
I've made this before and it is delicious.
The sauce had a really good flavour. The house smelled great.The meat fell right off the bones. This didn't go over too well but I really think it is because family really prefers the the crispy wings and to bite the meat off the bones.