Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious little mint candies. Dry frosting mix isn't as widely available as it used to be; I've heard you can substitute the ready canned frosting but haven't tried it yet.
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 -3 drops peppermint oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 (15 ounce) packagecreamy white frosting mix (dry mix like the ones put out by Betty Crocker or Jiffy)
- food coloring (optional)
- Combine butter, milk, and mint in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until butter melts.
- Mix in frosting, at medium speed, until smooth; continue to cook on HIGH, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in food coloring, if desired.
- Turn to heat to LOW.
- Drop mixture by the teaspoonful onto waxed paper, swirling tips with spoon (keeping heat on LOW while forming the patties).
- If candy gets too thick to work with easily, add several drops hot water.
- Refrigerate until firm.