Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Kind of a cross between classic minestrone and a tomato-based vegetable soup. I like to prep ingredients the night before, then just dump into pot along with the broth (and water if needed) before leaving for work.
- 1⁄2 yellow squash, cut in half-moon slices
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cankitchen-cut green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- water, to cover
- 3 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
- Combine all ingredients except spaghetti in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, turn heat to high setting and add spaghetti. Ready when noodles are soft.