Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I found this recipe in a cooking magazine, Taste of Home I believe, and my family loved it. Very easy to make and tastes good.
- 2-3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 453.59 g package smoked sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 (822.13 g) can green beans, drained
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- Layer ingredients in Crock Pot in the order they appear above.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
Made as written. Cooked this 8 hours and still was not done. Had to finish it in the oven. The taste was good and I am chalking the cooking time problem up to my crock pot, the heating element must be going out. Thanks for the recipe.
This was so surprisingly good and simple. Like another reviewer said, it is like a green bean casserole with extra goodies. My family doesn't usually like smoked sausage but I used Polska Kielbasa in this and they liked it. I did omit the onion and garlic and it was still good.
Love this recipe! Very good comfort food! Better than the original green bean/potatoe/sausage recipe. Will Def. make this again!!! YUM!