Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a variation of Chuckwagon Chili from Company's Coming Casserole Cookbook. We varied it to meet our tastes and what we had on hand and to cook in the crock pot! Very mild and easy to make my DS10 loves to help make it! You can change the amounts of the seasonings to your personal tastes. We like things mild so increase as necessary.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, and juice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 6 hot dogs, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- Brown beef in frying pan with onion.
- Drain excess fat.
- Remove to crock pot.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Stir together well.
- Put top on crock pot.
- Set to high 6 hours.
- Serve with corn bread or a salad.