Recipe by Geema
This recipe makes an excellent filling for many kinds of Mexican recipes...burritos, tacos, or casseroles. Our favorite is to simply spoon this delicious mixture right from the pot into a soft tortilla and top with fresh cilantro, cheese, tomatoes and sour cream...roll it up and eat our fill after a long day.
Top Review by JenSoCalifornia Franklin
We don't like dark meat, so this was an excellent use. I cut up a full raw turkey, took both legs and thighs off and threw them in the crockpot. Cooked them on low for 12 hours. I added two jalapenos, two cans of green chilis, and one large spanish onion. It is very moist and tender. I had to drain the liquid because of all the fat, but otherwise it had a nice flavor. This is a gem for utilizing all parts of a turkey. Thank you
- 2 lbs turkey legs, preferably thighs, skinned
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella
- 1 cup sour cream
- diced fresh tomato
- hot sauce or salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Place turkey thighs in crock pot.
- Add tomato sauce, chilies, onion, garlic, Worcestershire, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
- Remove turkey from crock pot, shred meat and discard the bones.
- Return the meat to the pot and stir to mix sauce and meat thoroughly.
- Spoon meat and sauce into a tortilla and garnish with the tomatoes, lettuce, lettuce and salsa.