Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Are you looking for a great tasting meal that can be all ready for you when you walk in the door from work of school? This recipe is so easy to put together, and has such nice texture and flavor. The kids are sure to love it! Plus its fat free!
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chili
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 cup fat free cheese (your choice, shredded)
- 5 flour tortillas (10 inch round)
- sour cream (optional)
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together the chili, beans, corn, and salsa until well mixed.
- Lay one tortilla flat on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour one-fifth of mixture on top.
- Continue layering the tortillas and the remaining four-fifths of the mixture until all the ingredients are used up.
- Cover and cook on low for 7hrs.
- Using a sharp knife cut through all the layers, making a checkerboard design on top. Each cut out should be about 1 inch apart. (The cut up tortillas will taste a lot like pasta when the recipe is finished).
- With a large spoon stir the entire dish to mix up the cut up tortilla pieces. Or scoop out of crock pot without stirring up for a more formed meal.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkled cheese, and top with sour cream if desired.
This was really good! Very easy to put together and soooo tasty! My daughter didn't like the texture of it , but her dad and I did ... besides , I'M the one rating the recipe!! *LOL* I didn't have 7 hours to cook it on low , so I put it on high for 3 ... seemed to be fine ... Thanks for this easy , one dish meal , that will be made again at my house!! :-)