8 hrs 15 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
A meal in a dish, that's my kind of meal when I'm rushed and not going to be home. This recipe is one I've used several times for rushed days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1- inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups hot cooked rice, for serving
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1Layer squash, bell pepper and chicken in crock pot.
- 2Mix tomatoes, salsa, raisins, cinnamon and cumin.
- 3Pour over chicken mixture.
- 4Cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until squash is tender and chicken juice is no longer pink.
- 5Mix rice and chilies.
- 6Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker, using slotted spoon. Serve on rice. Stir sauce in cooker. spoon over chicken and vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Mexican Chicken With Green Chile Rice
Serving Size: 1 (752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 531.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 36.0 g