Recipe by Sassy in da South
A meal in a dish, that's my kind of meal when I'm rushed and not going to be home. This recipe is one I've used several times for rushed days.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1- inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups hot cooked rice, for serving
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer squash, bell pepper and chicken in crock pot.
- Mix tomatoes, salsa, raisins, cinnamon and cumin.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until squash is tender and chicken juice is no longer pink.
- Mix rice and chilies.
- Remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker, using slotted spoon. Serve on rice. Stir sauce in cooker. spoon over chicken and vegetables.