Recipe by lazyme
An easy soup that fills the house with a great aroma while cooking. It can also be frozen.
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
I think my family would love this one. It is a nice cool day here, so I will do it. <br/>I love that I was able to toss the ingredients in the crock pot and have a hot meal at dinner time! This Mexican inspired Chicken Chowder was super filling and we have had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day. I had some leftover rotisserie chicken, so used that for the chicken, but otherwise made as directed. My family enjoys dipping slices of homemade bread in this chowder to soak up every bite! Delicious! and No leftovers for my lunch!!! I made this for ME! and for REVIEW MY RECIPE SEPT-OCT 2013..... Thank you!!! Happy Cooking to you-all! Grpa
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces jalapeno pepper cheese spread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a crock pot, combine chicken, corn, soup, undrained chilies, cilantro, and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Cover; cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on HIGH setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir about 1 cup of hot soup into sour cream.
- Stir sour cream mixture and cheese into the mixture in crock pot; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.