Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I was fooling around with basic staples that I have in the house and on a whim, threw this together. It was a HIT! Not quite sure what to name it, but it reminds me of a chili of sort, so I named it Mexican Chicken Chili.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetchicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 (32 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (or use frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- diced raw white onion (optional)
- 1 lime, juice of
- sour cream (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot.
- Top with Seasoning Mix, Diced Tomatoes, Kidney Beans, Garbanzo beans and Corn.
- Slice butter and arrange on top of mixture. Sprinkle salt on top.
- Cook on High 6 hours.
- When done, use two forks and shred the chicken in the crock pot.
- While your shredding, put on a pot of white rice. I usually cook 2 cups of rice to go with mixture. Or, you can serve in warm tortillas, eat like a soup or use tortilla "scoop" chips to eat.
- Put rice in bowl and serve chicken mixture on top of the rice. Optional and VERY YUMMY toppings would be chopped white onion, sour cream, crumbled tortilla chips and then a nice squeeze of fresh lime juice. Fantastic when served with everything!