Recipe by Twolittledudesmommy
My husband was out of town and I wanted mexican food. So I decided to experiment. I have made this several times since and it has been a big hit with everyone. I have sherred or sliced the chicken and mixed with the rice. The chicken is also good as chicken tacos. I just recently used the chicken to make enchiladas and served the rice on the side. I have plans to try this same recipe with beef.
Top Review by RSL
The rice was nice and flavorful, and the chicken was good. I'd have liked a bit more of the taco flavor to be absorbed by the chicken, but overall, this is a really good dish and super quick to toss together. Thanks! Made for PAC Spring '11.
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup taco seasoning
- 0.5 (15 1/2 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in to crock pot. Mix water, taco seasoning, and salsa (I use half the jar) together. Pour onto chicken. Set crock pot to low and let it cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- After chicken is done remove and put rice in leftover liquid. While rice is cooking shredded or slice chicken.
- Once rice is done (about 10 to 20, depending on how cooked you like your rice) mix chicken in or serve as taco or make enchiladas with the chicken.