Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Here's another easy way to serve up dinner.
Make and share this Crock Pot Mexican Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen (or 2 large)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained but not rinsed
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon chili powder (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- tortilla chips
- Place breasts in a large crock-pot then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Pour the enchilada sauce over the chicken then cover & cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken & shred. Whisk in the cheese soup until smooth then add the chicken, beans, & chili powder.
- Continue to cook for another 2 hours. During the last 30 minutes add the cream cheese, stir to melt.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I picked this recipe to use up some leftover enchilada sauce in the fridge (it may have been over 10 oz though) -- very good and easy! I also used WW cream cheese and less than 1 T chili powder. Served with tortillas for a very easy and enjoyable dinner. Thanks for sharing!