Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The one great thing about this recipe is that you can use FROZEN chicken breasts. The chicken turns out so moist and tender it cuts like butter. I shred this and serve it over white rice. A great blend of ingredients cook into a savory, saucy chicken.
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 59.14 ml taco seasoning
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 411.06 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can corn, drained
- Mix all ingredients together and submerge frozen chicken breasts into mixture. Place Crock Pot on High and cook for 5 hours. Take chicken out and shred. Place back into Crock Pot and turn the Crock Pot off. The flavors will adhere to the chicken and make this moist and tender.
I used three chicken breasts and that was great plenty. After it was cooked, I served it over pasta. Very good but I would probably add a little more tomato due to personal taste.
this is in the crockpot now and smells marvelous! I substituted 2 fresh chicken breasts instead of the frozen and cut everything in half. Also use lower sodium ingredients from broth to taco seasoning and tomatoes. I am so looking forward to trying this. Will use over baked potatoes and low fat sour cream as someone else has suggested. Will post my stars soon! thanks for this recipe.
Outstanding! Used two large chicken breasts instead of 6. Just ate it in a bowl like a soup. Used fat free chicken broth to reduce calories.