1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Mexican Casserole
6 hrs 5 mins
This recipe is from the 2004 cookbook, "Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly". The ideal slow-cooker size for this recipe is 4 or 5 quarts. >>*Please note when using older recipes that crockpots used to cook at much lower temperatures than newer ones. If you bought a crockpot within the last ten years, it will cook hotter and need less cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces kidney beans, undrained
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/3 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Brown ground beef and onion in nonstick skillet.
- 2Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, except rice and cheese.
- 3Cook on low for 4-8 hours.
- 4Stir in rice, cover, and cook until tender.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Cover and cook until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Mexican Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.2
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 750.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.0 g