Recipe by DesertRose15
This recipe is from the 2004 cookbook, "Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly". The ideal slow-cooker size for this recipe is 4 or 5 quarts. >>*Please note when using older recipes that crockpots used to cook at much lower temperatures than newer ones. If you bought a crockpot within the last ten years, it will cook hotter and need less cooking time.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was easy to throw together and the ingredients matched well. It was a nice spicy quick one pot meal. Only thing is I don't think it really needed to be cooked on low for 8 hours, after a few hours the peppers were done and it was ready to have the rice added.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 16 ounces kidney beans, undrained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopereduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese