Recipe by Crystal2 Crawford
This is a great crock pot meal for those busy nights. We like to serve it over rice.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Wanted something differant for a good sized roast I had and decided to try this. Followed the directions (even if wrong type of beef) except added some crushed garlic to it, cooked on low 10 hours and then high for the last hour, I did forget to add the beans - but made a thick gravy from the sauce and served over rice - the meat was flavored great and fall apart tender, it was enjoyed by all and we even have left overs for tonight that I've a feeling is going to be even better.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless round steak
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together garlic, pepper, salt, chili powder and mustard.
- Rub on one side of round steak.
- Cut round steak into strips.
- Place in bottom of crock pot.
- Cover with onion, bouillon granules and tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Turn crock pot to high for the last half hour of cooking and add beans.
- Serve over rice.